Saturday, November 20, 2010

What Is This?

I have a desire to leave a record for my children, grandchildren and those who will come after us. A record of where our ancestors and relations have come from. What their lives were  like.  I want to leave an explanation for the dash between "Born" and "Died".

I want people who come to this site thinking it is about country bumpkins, yayhoos or rednecks  to be educated as to a wonderful, unique culture that has existed for hundreds of years in the swamps and praries, hammocks and bayheads, and the beaches and piney woods of Florida.

I dedicate this to to my great great great grandfather, William McLeod, who moved his family to north Florida from South Carolina in 1828. This is for my family and any others who connect here to share their heritage, their "Cracker" heritage.

What this IS NOT: this is not a forum to attack, tear down or in anyway belittle any individuals or groups. Please keep this site positive, historical, and honoring.  I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment